Where to Eat on the Beach
When you stay at one of our Playa del Carmen hotels you not only have access to white, sandy beaches and fun in the sun, but you’re also in the midst of some of the best international restaurants and dining experiences available in the area. With a wide variety of cuisines to choose from, you’ll be able to enjoy different meals every day.
From traditional Mediterranean and Italian restaurants to rare Mayan-themed eateries, you have a range of places to dine at your disposal. There is a place to eat for everyone, even a Brazilian steakhouse! Don’t want to leave the comforts of your own room? No problem. You can still enjoy some of the food offered by these restaurants through room service at your hotel! Playa del Carmen has every dining experience you could want. Whether you want a quiet romantic meal, are looking for live entertainment while you dine, or want to bury your feet in the sand at a beachfront table, you’re bound to find an option that suits your needs. Don’t delay any longer! Book your stay at one of our four properties and enjoy some of the finest international food around!
17. Imprevist Rest & Wine (Mediterranean/Asian Fusion) – Imprevist is a gourmet restaurant known for serving up some of the best Mediterranean and Asian Fusion cuisine in the area. It ranks as one of the best restaurants in Playa del Carmen. Every item on the menu is homemade, and the menu changes every few months to highlight the best seasonal produce and ingredients.
Blue Venado – This hidden gem is located about 20 minutes away from the great Playa del Carmen hotels on a secluded beach, but it’s worth your time. It offers breathtaking views and features a variety of Italian Mediterranean meals to enjoy. Be sure to call ahead for reservations!
8. Mosquito Blue – If you’re looking for a cool, trendy spot to eat, Mosquito Blue is the place to go. This sidewalk cafe features gourmet Mediterranean and Italian dishes, and its modern interior design is sure to provide an excellent setting for your meal.
25. G+G Fifth Avenue – As one of the best restaurants on 5th Avenue, G+G serves up homemade pastas and traditional Italian dishes. All of the food is prepared in an open kitchen for guests to enjoy seeing every step of their meal being prepared.
3. Casa Mediterranea – For a quiet, romantic dining experience, make your way to Casa Mediterranea. Slightly away from the 5th Avenue, this is the oldest Italian restaurant in the area and offers a cozy courtyard setting. The owners are present every day ensuring quality and the ingredients are always fresh in order to provide you with a traditional, homestyle Italian meal.
1. La Casa del Agua – Located on the second floor, La Casa del Agua offers great views and a beautiful ambience that includes live music on the weekends. In the heart of 5th Avenue and just steps away from the beach, they serve a menu full of international cuisine that focuses on fresh seafood.
24. Sushiclub – If sushi is on your mind, don’t pass up Sushiclub! Known for the best sushi in Playa del Carmen, this restaurant offers up fresh and tasty rolls daily, and their rooftop bar is a great place to relax. Be sure to take advantage of their two-for-one deal on Tuesdays!
12. Aldea Corazon – For a one-of-a-kind dining experience, try Aldea Corazon. With its setting inspired by Mayan culture, it features tropical trees and a cascading waterfall to go along with its local seafood and Mexican cuisine featuring a Mayan twist.
21. Los Aguachiles – Don’t be fooled by the plastic tables, chairs, and plates. There’s a reason there is always a big crowd at Los Aguachiles. It offers up some of the best unique tacos, lettuce wraps, and seafood in the area, all at an easily affordable price!
4. Mi Pueblo – If you’re in the mood for authentic Mexican food, Mi Pueblo should be your choice. With recipes passed down from generation to generation, this restaurant has 73 homemade ingredients that help make up their menu. They feature two locations, but both will put you in a festive mood with live music from Mariachi bands.
15. Oh Lala – If you want to dine at this intimate, romantic restaurant be sure to make a reservation. There are only seven tables in the establishment, which means you’ll get great, personalized service. All their food is prepared in an open kitchen for you to see.
2. Fusion – For a taste of home and great entertainment, treat yourself to Fusion. Serving a wide variety of comfort food, this restaurant has a beachfront bar and grill, and it features live music every night. They also put on a fire show for you while enjoying your food overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
10. Indigo Beach – Indigo Beach provides a relaxing setting where you can kick off your shoes and bury your feet in the sand at your table. They offer an unlimited buffet at breakfast and an elaborate menu for lunch and dinner. Be sure to check with the restaurant before you go to ask about their themed nights, which feature special courses for the occasion!
9. Diablito Cha Cha Cha (Mexican/Asian Fusion) – You typically wouldn’t imagine a tropical ’50s scene with Mexican and Asian food in the same place. But at Diablito Cha Cha Cha the mix work well. Enjoy the large portions that are great for sharing during the day and then come back at night for the entertainment and social scene.
28. Canibal Royal – Another ’50s-themed restaurant, Canibal Royal offers great views and a party-like atmosphere all day long. With a wide variety of dishes to choose from, it’s common to find locals enjoying the great mix of funk and sophistication.
La Bodeguita Del Medio – For the best Cuban food in Playa del Carmen, visit La Bodeguita Del Medio. This restaurant has origins dating back to 1942. For delicious mojitos and Cuban cigars on Fifth Avenue, this is the place to check out.
23. Yaxche – Dive into authentic Mayan cuisine at Yaxche on 5th Avenue. Enjoy the unique flavors of the region with a mixture of traditional and contemporary dishes served to you in an ancient setting.
Restaurante Xulam – Get a taste of Mayan flavors at great prices by going to Xulam. With specials that highlight the local ingredients and regional cuisine, you’ll enjoy great service in a colorful setting, featuring decor from the ancient civilization.
27. La Cueva del Chango – One of the oldest establishments in the area, La Cueva del Chango has stayed true to its roots and hasn’t changed one bit since being built 20 years ago. All the food is fresh, including homemade bread, salsas, jams, and tortillas. Offering up some of the best breakfast food around your hotel, Playa del Carmen vacationers should make this one of their first stops for an early meal!
13. Sur – With a large selection of meats and cuts to choose from, this Argentinean grill has something for everyone. Overlooking 5th Avenue makes it a perfect spot to people watch, and they have a wide variety of foods to go along with their steaks, including salads, pastas, and even pizzas.
6. Ipanema’s Grill – This Brazilian steakhouse is a must for lovers of unique meats. They offer a selection of more than 20 meats to choose from. But you don’t have to just pick one! Waiters carry them around, offering you carvings of your choice. If meat isn’t on your mind, enjoy one of their many seafood alternatives!
Copy and paste the code in the area below to put this image on your site for free.